Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Friday, August 27

French Hood Dilemmas

I had pretty much finished the french hood last night (the coif part, tube for my hair, and buckram-lined front bit all done) with the three separate parts pinned together, when I looked in the mirror and thought 'No way is this going to survive a galliard.' So until I wire the thing to death, I think a plain coif will be the safest option.

Still going on the banner - it's the Kingdom of Lochac device. I'm theoretically couching down a silver cord around the edges of the cross, but its so thick that my sewing is more like bad tacking than anything really resembling embroidery. Oh well, maybe this will save me from ever being made to embroider again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home