Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Saturday, January 29

Fireworks


Fireworks
Originally uploaded by Karen_Hall_.
My Australia Day was spent fairly quietly, with a walk down to the harbour and then exploring the bookshops of Glebe. I'm trying to be restrained, but I have a suspicion that I will re-enact my first England trip in having most of my backpack weight coming from books.
In the evening I went up to the roof garden of the youth hostel to watch the fireworks - they were going off at three different points on the horizon, and then closer, at Darling Harbour. Seeing the orb suspended off the Harbour Bridge (left from the New Years Eve celebrations) yesterday made me imagine how spectacular that lot of fireworks would have been.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home