Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Thursday, February 3

Hilly and humid

My short description of Auckland has now changed to those two words. The university is straight uphill from where I'm staying (with Lesley and Olivia), and even the five minutes it takes to walk there is enough to get you over-heated.
The conference has been interesting so far - I have learnt to beware of old men who study classics or very early medieval history when it comes to question time - but I have been enjoying the papers. Both Lesley and Olivia's presentations went well, and I'm on this afternoon. We've been making the most of the catering (food very good, coffee very bad) and the free drinks in the evenings.
Now I need to go and finish my paper (and I dare anyone else to take the title of Queen of Lastminuteness from me!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home