Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Monday, August 30

Bal Report

I never thought I'd complain about being cold in garb. Saturday night was down to 3 degrees, and I'd swear Claremont Town Hall was colder than that. So I can now say that three layers of fabric, one being wool, is not overdressed for the Perth climate.
I was pretty happy with the way the dress worked out. It draped nicely, no problems with buckling when it was laced up, and the sleeves contrasted nicelywith the last 5cm or so tuned back. The hem was about 3cm longer than floor length (just enough to be a tripping hazard) but by the end of the night I was beginning to get the knack for grabbing the skirt in the right way to both save me from falling over and to have something to swish while dancing. All in all, yay! And I'm now a Silver Rondel.

Now I need to start thinking about the next project, which will be a summer outfit. I'm tossing up between another transitional Tudor or a late 15th century Italian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home