Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Thursday, February 10

And I thought my interpretation was wierd!

Tonight I feel the virtuous glow of someone who has delivered all their conference papers. My Victorian Studies paper today, offering a lesbian reading of Rosa Praed's Fugitive Anne (1902), seemed to hold together. One audience member managed to see the direction my thesis was going in - which proves that it makes sense to other people, and my arguement is not a figure of my imagination! But the most amusing response was an extention of my reading, suugesting that the exploding volcano at the end could be read as an explosion of lesbian desire, the volcano as a giant breast. I'm not quite convinced, myself.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me neither! But it makes for interesting thought!
luv
Mum x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home