Faster Than Handsewing

Back to the library, with occasional bouts of sewing on the side...

Wednesday, September 22

The Incredibly Overdocumented Camicia Project

I'm using this blog as a research tool, to record both the research and the process of making my latest project - a late 15th century Florentine chemise.

Areas I will be looking at are: fabric (I've already got the fabric, as Spotlight had almost light-weight linen on sale recently, and sale=good on my budget, but I want to collate more info on period fabric choices), pattern/cut/design, production (who made them, what might they cost etc) and basically any other information relating to camicias I can get my hands on.

One starting point is an overview of 16th century extant Venetian camicias.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home